Sunday, June 17, 2012

Jesus Christ is Jehovah of the Old Testament

The concept that Jesus Christ is the Jehovah of the Old Testament is one that is not understood by those of most modern Christian Churches. There are a significant number of scriptures in the Old Testament and New Testament that support this doctrine. A few of the scriptures that make it very clear that Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament are: Isaiah 41:4: “I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.” The Savior in Revelations states clearly that he is “the first and the last.” Isaiah 43:11: “I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.” Jehovah is saving that He is the only Savior. Two other scriptures, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament also make it clear that Jesus Christ is the Jehovah of the Old Testament. The first scripture, Exodus 3:14, takes place on Mount Sinai as the Lord is talking with Moses. Moses asks Jehovah, what is your name? The Lord responds: “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” In the New Testament scripture, Jesus is talking with the Jews and He states in John 8:58 that “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” The Jews took up stones, since he was saying that he was Jehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment